So much to say in one little blog...
It is official. This July I will be starting a new adventure. I agonized long and hard about it, but have decided to accept a LPN position at our Peds clinic. The people I have worked with for the last EIGHT years have become my friends and second family. It was definitely a hard choice to make. But in the end it boiled down to what was best for me and my family in the now. The big boss lady made it so easy and hard all at the same time; letting me know she understands and reminding me just by her person exactly the sort of wonderful people I will leave behind. The best part, a REAL hug to send me on my way. Most people I know aren't "huggers" so their's never really feel sincere or warm. This was not one of those. It was the first real hug I have had in a long long time (excluding my hubby of course). Thanks. At least I have the next month to fit in all my good byes, though I'm sure it won't be forever.
In other news, our backyard has been full of beautiful wildlife. Orioles and Blue Jays and purple finches. It has been so fun and feels like some sort of reassurance from above that all is right and as it should be. Lili and I looked through our bird guide yesterday reading up on our feathered friends (that's right, I own a bird book and binoculars- I'm old!) but I think she was more interested to trying to imitate their songs than learning about their personalities.
Speaking of songs, my poor girls are living in a musical. I didn't realize how much I sing to the girls until yesterday. That or yesterday was just particularily song filled. EVERYTHING is sung to these poor little prisoners of mine. Addi seemed to love our lunch song about carrots and rice sung to the tune of the Sanford & Son TV show theme song. Lili really seemed to favor the Bare Butts not Bear Butts song her mama sings at diaper changes. Other than that, the rest are okay. It's hard to judge the bath songs as we seem to just enjoy our baths either way.
Brian had the girls for the weekend and so they lived the social life for a change rather than being stuck at home with their hermitous old mum. Pancake feeds, lunch dates and the like. They even got a chance to hang out with the cousin Brady. I'm not sure, but they might be closing in on Lucky's spot for Brady's favorite 'person' to visit at the BKLounge. Who am I kidding. No matter how fun they get, Lucky will always be top dog with Brady!
Congrats on the new job Kelly! It seems like we are at the clinic often so maybe we'll even run into you at work sometime!? Anyway, best of luck with the transition!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Brady will be so excited to see himself on your blog! :)
Love,
SIL Shelley
Awesome! Congrats! I LOVE the pic of you and Lili after bathtime! How precious...so many blessings in small packages. Brady looks pretty proud---but you are right---Lucky can run and play so she is probably tops in Brady's book.
ReplyDeleteI miss you guys :( We should visit soon... Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah!
ReplyDelete