Well, for a half day I think I was pretty productive. Up at one o' clock this afternoon after working the night shift and I managed to make two loaves of bread (an olive herb and italian herb) and my best baked ziti yet. That's 5 loaves in 3 days. Not bad. Makes for a pretty sweaty kitchen but totally worth it. It is so very nice to be able to sit down with my hubby and have a glass of wine and eat a real meal where not one thing came out of a box (other than the noodles, that is). Home grown canned tomatoes (thanks again mom), home roasted peppers, and fresh baked bread. Scrumptous. Probably not the best for my waist line, but oh well. Crystal came over this evening to hang out with me and the girls and was pretty excited for left overs and snuggling with the girls. Addi was her typical scaredy cat self, crying the moment she was picked up, but Lili was excited to have some one new to play with. It has been a good night.
I have started to finally take some time for myself the last few days and started working out. Addi is a big help as she sits on my belly and offers some encouragement as I do crunches up, up, up to kiss her cheek and she giggles as I go down, down, down. The hardest part is not giggling with her. Lili offers her support as she laughs while I do my lunges, rolling with laughter each time I step closer to her. They both seem pretty entranced watching the weights as I lift them up and down, up and down. I should be fit as a fiddle in no time at this rate.
I was having some doubts about life, my life that is, and whether or not I was missing out on anything as I listened to the girls from FBC talk about all the fun and crazy times they have. I sometimes wonder if I have suddenly become older than my years. But today I woke up to see a house full of faces that love me. I woke up to hands in the dough and a sense of pride and accomplishment and utter happiness. I am right where I want to be. That's not to say that I don't miss being silly and dressing up with C and B for pool night, hint hint (we used to have crazy theme nights where we dressed up like a bunch of morons i.e Hobo night, Mustache night etc. We even had our own shirts we drew up ourselves for when we were feeling more mellow). But all and all I know that those things that I feel I might have missed out on wouldn't have gotten me where I am today. I am okay with that. I love where I am and there is no place else I would rather be. Old or not.
I seem to remember a birthday of mine that involved a tray of jello shots (everything else seems blurry!) not so many years ago at one of the many St Cloud watering holes. As wild and fun as that was I would much rather stay at home with the scent of my hubby trying to make bread (he experiments a LOT with bread) on the air and a new baby in my arms (hopefully soon). If that makes me old then so be it, it sounds fantastic. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh...the bread looks absolutely scrumptious! Yea for you...Yea for Bri... and yea for two lucky little ladies! Perfect RECIPE for life!
ReplyDelete