Sunday, August 30, 2009

Your Weekend Update

What a beautiful weekend! I know for some of you it was maybe cooler than you might have liked but I love fall. Spring brings new life to our world and a greatly needed thaw to my soul every year. But there is something about fall that just can't be beat. I feel like an underwatered flower just wilting all summer long. Then it cools down, the leaves change and I perk back up. The colors, the sounds of the leaves crunching, pulling my sweaters out of their storage box... I love fall.

Anyway, we took advantage of the glorious weather on Saturday and went with the extended fam to the park. What fun. A blanket on the grass. Running around and climbing up the playground equip. I still cannot do the monkey bars. Never could. Maybe as all our children get fatter they'll finally phase those suckers out. Always hated them anyway. Addi got the chance to go on the slide with her Papa and I hate to say it but I think that Papa had more fun. She seemed pretty indifferent about the whole affair.




Later that night Nana and Gpa Gary came over to watch our very misbehaving young misses so that we could go out on a date. What fun (for us, not necessarily the folks stuck home with two crabby babies)! We went out for a nice meal. We talked. I feel like we haven't talked in forever. I was so afraid we would have nothing to say to each other that didn't have to do with the kids. Surprisingly, we found lots to say and it was so nice to spend time with my hubby again, feel all grown up and renew our relationship. We met up with Michelle & Jason for some drinks at the wine bar and felt like real social beings. It was so fun and besides getting to see my handsome hubby all dressed up and looking hot, I think I might have even made myself my first "mommy" friend.

Today the fam came over and we grilled. It was nice to have people over here for a change. Another nice day and so sitting outside with everyone was a good way to spend it. I'm definitely sleepy and therefore a little crabby today, but I think it was worth it.


In other news... Bri has recently taken on an adventure. He has gone into partnership with two others to open his very own salon! It's so exciting! I'm very proud of him to make this leap. If all goes as planned they are hoping to open in the first part of October. So needless to say, our busy little household is about to get even busier as construction begins and Bri works on recruiting stylists and all sorts of other businessy things. It was very rewarding for him to see his sign go up just yesterday.

2 comments :

  1. What a perfect weekend indeed! The girls weren't misbehavin'... I think they just thought Nana and Gpa would fall asleep before they did and they would be left to fend for themselves :)Thanks again for sharing them!! We are also soooo proud of Bri! Can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, love the look of your new salon. Really proud of you! MIL Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.