Since I didn't get home from work until 7:30 and I have two crabby babies who refuse to sleep I don't have much time to write. The camera is in the van which Bri has at the shop so no pictures either. Snooze, I know.
So last Wed the girls finally got to meet their Aunty Erin and brand new Uncle Matt. What fun! They've been waiting a whole 8.5 months but I think it was well worth the wait. Then on Saturday we traveled down to Sly-town for a "Hey we got married" party for the happy couple. It was lots of fun and the girls were amazing. It was a bit like a game of hot potato and I am glad to say that I am finally settling down a bit when I lose track of one of the girls (which happens a bit when there are so many people wanting to hold the little cooties). Other than still scared of g-gma Delores, we got along swimmingly with everyone. Very few tears if any! (Unlike this evening). Erin is looking great and Matt seems like a truly genuine person. We are glad to add him our crazy family!
We were lucky enough to hang out for the weekend and head back on Monday. Erin & Matt were flying back to Japan today and so we had to say some long goodbyes. It will be at least another year until we see them. They are heading to Bahrain in a month or so where they will be stationed and finally get to start living like a married couple. It is going to be hard to be away from them so long, but I think if we de-bug the computer we might get our skype running decently so that the distance may not feel so very far. It's still hard to believe that my baby sister is all grown up and married. Geez I'm getting old.
So I will post some pics soon of all the fun and snuggling with our Aunties. Until then, we want to send a heartfelt hug out to our Funkle Michael (Funkle- "faux-uncle" as he's not 'technically' our uncle...yet) who recently lost his grandfather. We are thinking of you!
No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.