Friday, December 18, 2009
TGIF
It's amazing how quiet a house can be when the babes are asleep and the hubby is gone. Silence. I almost forgot what it sounds like. No crying, no TV, just silence (and the sound of the dog snoring as she sleeps on her bed snuggled with the kitty). Brian is out having himself a much needed boys night. I won't lie, it's kinda nice to have him gone. I love those few times that I get the girls all to myself even if it does mean lots of hair pulling and pigpileonmama craziness. I also love being able to take a long, relaxing bath- so long my toes fail to look human any longer- without the fear of being interrupted. We have a one bath house and as much as I love my hubby I'm not staying in there for 1's or 2's. It's maybe hard to hear, baby, but I think we both enjoyed a night to ourselves. Maybe someday we can enjoy one together again as grown ups outside the house just us two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Oh yes...bath nights! "Anybody that needs the bathroom...use it now or forever hold your...whatever.." That was my declaration at a one bathroom house also. You deserve that! Glad you found the time! Sometimes time apart is nice and makes the time together even more valuable.
ReplyDelete