It's our fair city's Granite City Days. Bri and I took the ladies to the Lemonade Art Festival. It was hot, but it was fun. Fresh squeezed lemonade. Booths upon booths of arts and crafts. Got myself a pretty sweet squirrel feeder that promises to be entertaining. Brian got himself a knife sharpener. What a nerd, I know. The ladies had a good time and thoroughly enjoyed the lemonade. At the very least it was good people watching, a fun past time of mine that seems to have been genetically ingrained in the ladies, particularly Lili.
One of the coolest things was that I finally got to meet Nickie my bed rest buddy. I'm not sure that I mentioned her before, but while I was on bed rest I got to a very low point. It's very depressing to feel so all alone all day every day. Non human. More like an incubator. Anyway, I figured it was either hang myself from the rafters or ask for help. So I wrote to my local MOMs group (Mothers Of Multiples) and asked for any help, advice, etc. I got a lot of ideas from women on various craft projects and lots of reminders to "think of the babies and that will get you through". Ugghh. Finally, I heard from Nickie. She was just 2 weeks behind me in gestation and was on strict bed rest in a hospital in the Cities with faternal twin boys. I will never be able to explain what a help it was to know that there was someone who knew exactly what I was going through. Some one to talk to and confide in. It was what got me through. We kept in touch for many months after, but I think we both got busy and well, life took over.
So today I walked past her booth 3 times trying to decide if it was indeed her before Brian finally coaxed me into stopping and asking... "Excuse me, I don't mean to be weird, but can I ask what your name is?" Ugghh. I am a dork. No wonder I have no friends. It was a little awkward and a little anticlimactic, but how do you hug a stranger and tell her how much she meant when you are sweating buckets and even your thighs are sticking together and possibly chaffing? Awkward. But I think she knows. At least I hope she does. Thank you, Nickie, for simply understanding.
No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.