| XXXX's |
| OOOOO's |
Background:
At the beginning of the month I made a pack with myself that I would NOT be smoking once I turned 33. I know, I've tried a million times, but really. I don't want my kids to remember me as a smoker. I've quite before, for YEARS even. I could do it again. It's just that, well, Bri smokes and that makes it really hard to quite so I needed... incentive. So I decided that I needed to find something BIG that I could save up for to encourage me (bribe me) to quit.
*Da-da-da-daaa! Introducing the Kindle Touch! Now capable of checking out library books!* I mean, those of you who know me know 2 things... 1. I LOVE to read 2. I'm lazy and I hate going outside in the cold. I will do anything not to make more than 1 trip to the house carrying in groceries- even if it means carrying in everything all at once at a snail's pace! That's right, the Kindle Touch is for me! No more overdue books, no more late fees, no going out in the cold! Yes! So, each day that I quit I wrote nice and large the sum of the dollars it would take me to purchase a Kindle Touch. I know what you're thinking- this is going to take FOREVER! But here's the best part- SMOKING IS EXPENSIVE! Do you realize that if I quit smoking for 18 days- yes, EIGHTEEN DAYS, I would save enough money to buy myself a Kindle Touch. So I set out to quit for 21 days (some extra moola' to buy a case). As I write we are on day 19...
Brian gave me a frickin' Kindle Touch! For my b-day! And all I could think was that I now had $90+ to spend on hookers, booze and cigarettes! No, but I did freak a little. That was the whole idea- I was working toward something concrete. I had a goal. Had. Now it was in my hands and I wasn't really sure what to do... I gave it back- well for about 3 minutes. Now I'm in this weird limbo in which I am trying to decided WHAT to do.... Trust me, there still needs to be some sort of incentive. Boots? Clothes? None of them are really solid enough... Hmmm. I'm not really sure, but I love my Kindle!
The rest of the day was good. Considering we got our first snowfall of the season (around 6 inches) it was the perfect day for soup (Panaera), chocolate cake (Satan himself- it was freakin' delicious!) and a nap. Nana babysat that evening and we got to take in a movie and eat at my favorite restaurant, Asian House (You have GOT to try the Lot Na because it is so amazing!)
| Addi |
| Lili |
Sunday meant b-day shopping. Thank you Old Navy for the super sweet deal on sweaters! I was in heaven. 75% off! I watched that total and thought I was going to shit and then suddenly, from $190+ to $50! Awesome! Then my Ulta gift certificate and me parted ways over eyeshadow. It made me feel young, single and carefree. $50 on one set of eyeshadow (it did have 12 colors in all fairness). Now that was the sort of irresponsible thing one did before they were married or had kids. I miss that sometimes. I miss not being so uptight and responsible. I miss being selfish and crazy. Today was like waking up on Christmas day just aching to play with the new toy Santa brought you... I know what you're thinking, it's just eyeshadow, right? Not for me...
In the end, a pretty special day!
| "Happy 25th"- Talk about amazing husband, right? |
Shes SOOOO Cute^^ Love your blog!! KEEP IT UP
ReplyDeleteRC HOBBY STORE