Last Friday we saw Dr Garcia at Gillette Children's. I don't know that I can rave enough about him. He was very friendly (both child & adult) and very patient. You can tell he loves to educate. He explained to us very clearly the interworkings of our daughter's sleep pattern & helped us set up a game plan that works for us (& hopefully our daughter). I don't know that we heard anything drastically different, but it felt like it was explained to me in a way that made sense, that didn't make my daughter seem like a conniving little ... you know, and explained to me why I am exhausted while she seems unfazed. He also gave us a solution that rung more true to my heart (& brain). Extinction, or Cry It Out, just wasn't an option for Lili. She was becoming too hysterical when you shut the door; I truly worried for her safety. Not to mention there was no way to accomplish that without punishing her sister and it would simply lead her to take her sister "hostage." Whether it's working or not, well, she was only up once last night. So either it's a resounding yes, or it's mere coincidence. Either way, I am happy. He did recommend:
Sleeping Through the Night, Revised Edition: How Infants, Toddlers, and Their Parents Can Get a Good Night's Sleep by Jodi A. Mindell
Sounds like it might be worth checking out if you are having similar problems.
Thank you Dr Garcia for allowing my children to live 'til their 4th birthday *wink*
No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.