Monday, April 2, 2012

Long time no see...

Erin-  he he he; She was pretty excited to see us!
It seems that we have been having too much fun as of late and not had time for posting! My sister, Erin, has been visiting. She is official a Navy veteran learning the ways of us mere civilians once again. The girls have had a blast blowing bubbles, making t-shirts (crafty Aunt Lori's idea), riding their trikes and generally wearing us out!

Crafty Aunt Lori- Only an aunt would give 3 y/o's Sharpie Markers!
You've just been "Scowly Faced"





Cruising on the trike

Did I forget to mention they got bubble guns?!








The girls have also been sick, nothing too serious other than double ear infections, sinus infections and possible pneumonia (all at ONCE!) and a trip to the doctors. Judging by the never ending energy, they seem to be healing just fine. Come to think of it, today may have been our first booger-free day in the last several weeks. Hooray!

Otherwise, I am working on practicing an old & wise saying of "Shit or get off the pot!" Meaning, instead of saying, "I really should..." I am striving more towards the actual doing. For instance, "I really should try to update the sun room so that I can enjoy it", has turned into selling our old cloth diapers (another "I really should" conquered) and took the cash to buy some drapery fabric to try and breathe some life into a drab and unused room. I've been (not so) patiently awaiting it's arrival and planning a trip to Ikea for some drapery rods. My lovely MIL is gifting us some old wooden rockers she has had in the basement so soon it will be a room I will never want to leave.  I ordered a new living room rug (on SUPER sale) with money I've been squirreling away. Even as we speak, I am laundering my fabric that will soon be turned into the breakfast nook bench covers! I have even made several diagrams (yes, diagrams... Maybe schematics sounds better...) so that I am ready to cut and make the most of my few yards. I've cleaned up my flower beds, planted some gladiolus bulbs (that those naughty squirrels got into already ONE day later!) and bought some spray paint to paint our outdoor Adirondack rocker. I reorganized the basement, finally cleaned up the icky cat puke/hairballs I've been trying to pretend I can't see, made a rummage sale pile and even had Brian get rid of some of our old icky rugs. I've also developed a serious Pinterest addiction (thanks, Erin!)  Ugh, I'm tired just thinking about all of it.
5x7 Stamped Scallop Rug
New Living Room Rug
 
My Fabric!
New Sun Room Curtain fabric


So maybe it makes a little more sense now why I've been a bit MIA. I will work to improve. No more "I should really update the blog"... at least I hope. It is a new habit I'm cultivating and after all, spring is on the way (or already here), fabric should be arriving any day, and I think I hear my dryer buzzing now!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.