Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Montage

It was a good weekend.  My flower beds are looking good, other than my coreopsis that did not come back, my bulbs are springing up and spring is in full swing.

Things accomplished of late:
1. Raspberry trellis constructed (by yours truly) and installed- simple double T frame with screw-eyes and wire to keep things upright
2. Antique metal feed box now turned planter (thanks to some help from Brian)
3. Old cocoa hull liners removed from the window boxes and replaced with fresh new ones.
4. Lamp spray painted yellow
5. Owl spray painted yellow
6. New rug in place

Great things about my weekend:
1. Tons of fun at a friends' bday party/night out with the hubby.
2. Getting to know a new co-worker outside of work
3. Homemade rhubarb slush of my own concocting- Addi is currently trying to suck every last drop out of her glass she loves it so much.
4. Homemade rhubarb muffins that no one else really liked, but that I ate 4 of...
5. Lili hugging my leg to tell me "Mama, you the best mama I ever had than any other mama... I love you so much... I miss you... You awesome".
6. Thunderstorms & rain on the roof
7. Waking up to Addi giving me a million hugs and kisses as she had snuggled in with me when she was scared during the night.
8. Watching my husband be manly and pound and fix things
9. Feeling manly, myself, using the miter saw and making my trellis
10. Meeting new neighbors & taking walks to admire the flowers
11. Watching all the crazy squirrels
12. Lili's heartfelt confession that "Bunnies are scary, mama".  Indeed, it was one mangy bunny.
13. Freshly mowed grass
14. My new rocking chair that is conducive to simply sitting, reading, cross-stiching or anything else relaxing.
15. Probably about a dozen more things, but I'm at a loss.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.