Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Picking Up Where I Left Off

Years. Is been years since I've drawn anything! Now what respectable art graduate can say that? Sad, I know, but painting took over my attention for a long time and then the girls came along and everything got set aside.

So my friend Brandy and I have challenged each other to pick it back up again and fill a sketchbook over the year. It doesn't sound like much but I don't think either of us has yet to keep a sketchbook that long!

I also started doing a series of family drawings on request from my kids. Let me tell you, they are tough critics. Please remember that is Ben a while and I'm a bit rusty....

Its been fun and fulfilling in a way I had forgotten and that knitting, sewing or crafting is not. I took a fairly good chunk of my Christmas money to buy some Faber-Castell illustration markers. They're on back order until mid-February so you should see some really cool things coming after that!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.