Each day, typically at supper, we each go around the table and share what our favorite part of the day was. I think I have to officially give Bri credit for this. We just got in the habit & it has slowly become my favorite part of the day!
Some days are difficult and I find myself scraping and searching to come up with something, ANYTHING, that seems to have stood out. Other days, I have so many that I can hardly choose. Here are a few of my favorite favorites over the last few weeks:
1. LovebombMN 2013- I haven't shared much about this girls' weekend I took part in last month. For whatever reason, each time I share details I feel as if I lose a bit of its magic. It feels like something private, a secret perhaps. Mostly, I sense, because very few others I know could truly appreciate what is was and the fun we had sketching, walking, talking, and reading without being judgmental, etc.
![]() |
| Lovebomb Location |
2. Reading Lili poetry in the sun porch snuggled in my rocking chair- Lovebomb reminded me how much I love language and poetry and it had been awhile since I had picked any up. I recently bought this book by poet Mary Oliver and am in love with it. Lili sat and listened to all my favorites currently dog-eared and only reread a half dozen times. Occasionally she would ask questions or giggle, but I think she enjoyed it or rather the moment as did I.
3. This Poem:
written by: Mary Oliver
taken from: New and Selected Poems: Volume Two
filed under: poetry, Mary Oliver
taken from: New and Selected Poems: Volume Two
filed under: poetry, Mary Oliver
In the north country now it is spring and there
is a certain celebration. The thrush
has come home. He is shy and likes the
evening best, also the hour just before
morning; in that blue and gritty light he
climbs to his branch, or smoothly
sails there. It is okay to know only
one song if it is this one. Hear it
rise and fall; the very elements of your soul
shiver nicely. What would spring be
without it? Mostly frogs. But don’t worry, he
is a certain celebration. The thrush
has come home. He is shy and likes the
evening best, also the hour just before
morning; in that blue and gritty light he
climbs to his branch, or smoothly
sails there. It is okay to know only
one song if it is this one. Hear it
rise and fall; the very elements of your soul
shiver nicely. What would spring be
without it? Mostly frogs. But don’t worry, he
arrives, year after year, humble and obedient
and gorgeous. You listen and you know
you could live a better life than you do, be
softer, kinder. And maybe this year you will
be able to do it. Hear how his voice
rises and falls. There is no way to be
sufficiently grateful for the gifts we are
given, no way to speak the Lord’s name
often enough, though we do try, and
and gorgeous. You listen and you know
you could live a better life than you do, be
softer, kinder. And maybe this year you will
be able to do it. Hear how his voice
rises and falls. There is no way to be
sufficiently grateful for the gifts we are
given, no way to speak the Lord’s name
often enough, though we do try, and
especially now, as that dappled breast
breathes in the pines and heaven’s
windows in the north country, now spring has come,
are opened wide.
breathes in the pines and heaven’s
windows in the north country, now spring has come,
are opened wide.
4. Cooking- It's meditative, creative & simultaneously nurturing and nourishing of body & soul. No recipes, just senses and smiles and warm bellies and laughter.
![]() |
| Red Currant Muffins |
5. Fonts- In love with fun fonts!
6. Bicycle rides- rides with the family out for lunch, bicycle ride dates with my husband for beer & fun.




This is wonderful Kelly!!! These are the things you will remember when the girls are all grown and you sit by yourself in the sun porch and ask your self where did the time go and you will really miss it. Thank you for sharing and I Love You!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've been hesitant to edit all the 300 pictures that I have because I know that when I finish it will be over. It was so magical it almost seems like a dream sometime, and that farmhouse has left a serious dent in my heart.
ReplyDelete