Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I Want to Hear from You!

Question: If you could take a drastic step to change your life not knowing how it would effect your longterm future but knowing it would bring you 10+ yrs of happiness, would you do it?

Question: If you knew this step would be looked down on by at least 50% of the people you encounter, would you still take it?

7 comments :

  1. If you and your husband have discussed and prayed over what you are working on as a decision then it is in your hands and you must not worry about what others think. "If God is for us then who can be against us?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK so I see no one is responding so I will be the first.... :)

    YES, I WOULD take that step out. Not any of us know what the future holds, but if it would be 10 years of happiness, (and I feel it would be Gods will for my life) then I would do it.
    My husband and I have done quite a few things that have not met the approval of our parents or families-- but we needed to do them FOR US- NOT to please them.
    I enjoy reading your posts:)
    Mary
    (from central FL-- and we also have twins:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Yes, of course I would make the decision to be happy for the next decade. No one knows what life will look like tomorrow, much less in 12 years, but if you know you'll be happy for the next 10 years, what other people think shouldn't stop you.
    2. The only people who matter in your decision-making are: you, your spouse, and your kids. That's it. (oh, and the cops, so don't break the law....) If other people comment or pooh-pooh the choice you've made, who cares---your life is not theirs to judge. Just because another person would not make the same choice as you, it doesn't make your choice wrong.

    Enjoy your life, it's YOURS.
    :)
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would weigh your pros and cons to this major decision. You say that it will lead to 10+ years of happiness but nothing is guaranteed. I would definitely think on whatever decision you are for 6+ months and if you still want to do it then maybe you should. Make sure to think of your children when making this choice because it is not just about you and your husband, its about them too. How will this decision effect you and your families health, finances, mental growth, and over all well being? Your family and friends should stand by your side even if they hate the decision you make, but you could lose some support they easily gave you in the past. Maybe try talking about it with your local church official or maybe a life coach. Some of us do not like where we are at in a certain times in life, but when drastic decision are made, regret usually follows... I say take your time and do not rush the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say think of your kids first. Teach by example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People suck and their opinions don't matter. What matters is your happiness and the happiness of your family. Move boldly into the future, whatever happens, be it good or bad, you'll be facing it together.

    And if all else fails, have a beer and a laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only comment I have is that nothing can be undone...you can always change your mind about changing your mind. If I had lived my life wanting the approval of those around me, my life would have been boring for my standards. Live to shock...that's what I say!!

    Guess who?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.