Thursday, March 27, 2014

Field Trip

Being home with my kids has been a wonderful blessing.  Winter has been frigid and never ending this year ( I write as it snows outside my window) making staying HOME hard.  Everyone is too cold to go outside but too crazy and cooped up to stay in.  I've been blessed to find a group of mothers that are feeling a bit the same way I am and have been able to join their ranks.  Our kids vary in ages making it hard sometimes, but it's nice to have a sense of camaraderie even if we don't always get the chance to chat much.

Today we were able to go on a tour of our local Coborn's grocery store.  The kids received goody bags, a tour of the coolers, touch a shrimp, get their picture taken and made into a cake to take home, pick out a banana and learn lots of cool things.  It was lots of fun though I think I may have taken more away from it than the kids!






Granted, they were up late last night at Brian's bottling party.  Brian and his partners, Jon & Dan, are grouping together to bring you The 2 Bits Man Beard Grooming Products.  Last night was spent with our families at the "office" finalizing labels, brewing the first batch, and for all the kids and I watching Frozen for the 13th time!  Hit the link above to follow them on Facebook and find out more information regarding product launch, etc.




Otherwise, we have been spending a lot of time crafting together (and even on ourselves).  A benefit of the smaller apartment is that I can be on my sewing machine and have the girls painting at the dining room table and we all can be talking and giggling and interacting.  Brian had bought me some interesting mustache/derby hat burlap fabric.  It has since been turned into a beautiful wrap/cover for my sewing table and all the ugly that hides beneath it with enough left over to create a table runner for the media table.  I don't know if you've ever had the luxury of ironing burlap, but boy did that take me back to the farm- haystacks and mucking stalls.  Loved it!  All you country girls turned city girls here is your chance to take a quick trip back home.  Spray bottle of water + burlap + hot iron = 
heaven!
Tattoo Markers...

They had gotten in trouble for not listening and began to cry when I insisted in baths as punishment.  I was asked to please photo their faces to show papa their cool tattoos.  Heartbreaking!





Early Stages


I also had the pleasure of working with Naomi from the Loft Salon & Spa to make her some buttons for the recent St Cloud Art Crawl where I was able to sell a few of my own pieces like these:




**And a complete aside- I am listening to Bernard Fanning as I clean today and if you have not yet heard the track Watch Over Me yet, please please please listen to it here! It makes me teary every time and wish I knew how to play the guitar.

2 comments :

  1. Hello would you mind letting me know which web
    host you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I
    must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.

    Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a fair price?

    Cheers, I appreciate it!

    My homepage ... shirt for seo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger is my webhost; I purchased my own domain name through Go Daddy.

    Blogger has worked really well for me, but I've heard really great things about Wordpress, as well. There is a great articles over at www.wonderforest.com about the two.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.