Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Growing up

From the beginning our little blog has been "Smudges & Blips" as it was a direct result of the two little smudges with blips growing in my belly. Over the years the topics have changed, the background effects have changed, items added here and there, but most importantly I have changed. How could I not with these two little critters angels as part of my life.

One of the things that has changed is the relaunch of Holey Socks Art.  This was something I started many years ago on Etsy.  You may have seen the banner on the side come and go and wonder what it's all about.  Most of you know that in addition to nursing I also attended school at SCSU and received a BFA with an emphasis in painting. Though the medium and the type of work I do has always been in flux, having art as part of my life has always been a constant. And more importantly a constant joy and source of spiritual renewal.

So, in need of a new endeavor several years ago I began Holey Socks as a small Etsy shop selling baby items and cards created with my Gocco press. It was fun and I enjoyed it but never took it too seriously as I never had time to dedicate to it.  Brian came along and life got busy and Holey Socks was put on hold.  Recently I reopened it with some of my art prints, cards, and jewelry.  It's been fun, but this time I think I'm ready to make it more serious.  I think that if I don't give it 110% I will always wonder if I could have done it and have regrets.

I'm continuing on Etsy, but I am also looking to bring some of my items more locally, etc.  Part of this extensive business plan I have laid out is a change in the name of this blog.  DON'T FREAK OUT!!! I don't foresee too much change to context. As a consumer I love to know where my products come from  and what inspires them.  I plan to continue to share my life's journey, my family, my thoughts and more about my art. As I have grown so have my children and they are no longer my smudges with blips but my big kids running, playing and leaving behind giggles and holey socks!

Over the next month you will see changes to the look and layout. DON'T FREAK OUT!!! It's still gonna be the great ol' me that you love (featuring the same cute kids and the occasional picture of Brian).  I always love to hear feedback (good or bad) so feel free to leave comments on the changes you see! 

THE BLOG ADDRESS WILL CHANGE SOMETIME NEXT WEEK!

All the old posts will follow so you will still have access to those, however, you will now find us at www.holeysocksart.com

Hang in there with me.  Patience is a virtue young grasshoper!

1 comment :

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.