Friday, November 7, 2014

Halloween 2014

Yeah, I know. This post is a bit late. But it's not my fault. I swear. No really. I know you should never believe anyone who starts a statement with "it's not my fault..." but this case is an exception. 

Halloween this year was marked in red on our calendar this year. Not because it was Halloween, but because it was the day of Brian's surgery. You see, a few weeks ago, Brian was at the doctor's office when coincidentally they found a rather large lump on his thyroid. An US confirmed it was a 3 cm mass (which is pretty large) and not a cyst. He had a needle aspiration biopsy which was inconclusive as to whether or not this type of mass was benign or malignant. 

Well, last Friday the 31st he had it removed along with that half of his thyroid. I brought him home late that afternoon, tired and a bit loopy from the narcotics.  There's a really great video of him as a zombie but I'm not at liberty to show it *wink*. 

So here's where it's not my fault. My in-laws were kind enough to take the kids trick-or-treating along with my SIL and her kids. The only picture I have is this one from earlier in the week after just buying the costumes and allowing them to try them on. 


Much like the Grinch or maybe Tammy Wynnette, Addi's hair grew 3 sizes that day. Wanting initially to be Aerial from the Little Mermaid, but unable to find the rest of the costume, she settled on a sailor outfit but insisted on keeping the wig. Like any cheap wig it quickly lost shape and by the end of the night she looked more like Rhianna. 


Brian has recovered well and was happy to find out this week that the mass was benign. He will meet up with endocrinology this week to discuss what his future looks like since the biopsy did show some signs of chronic thyroiditis. 

Thank you to everyone out there praying for our family, that helped out in getting us through all of this in a variety of ways, and for all of your patience in awaiting the Halloween pictures! I would love to see what your kids went as. Feel free to leave photos in the comments below. 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.