So here is what I've been up to the last few weeks:
I'm making my way through a compilation of poems arranged by Garrison Keillor called "Good Poems for Hard Times". It is an amazing compilation so far but what hooked me was the AMAZING intro written by Keillor. It's not often that I find myself highlighting in a book. Dog-earring pages? Absolutely. I'm totally guilty, but highlighting... almost never. There were at least a dozen spots that caught my eye and I go back to reread them often as I pick it up.
I've also finished "Pride & Prejudice". We will simply say that it wasn't my preferred type of read. Now I've moved onto "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hoessini. There is not enough time in the day that I can dedicate to this book to satiate my appetite.
Speaking of appetite... I've had a great time playing with my Veggetti and have to say that veggie noodles are pretty delicious. I made squash noodles with sautéed brussels sprouts, broccoli, onions, sweet peppers and tempeh seasoned with curry and ginger. De-lish! I actually love the taste of tempeh and have been using it a lot more. It's a great protein alternative to meat and tofu. Am I doing perfectly on eating healthier? No, but I'm finding some really great ways to make my favorite dishes better for me. I made my taco hot dish the other night with only 1/2 lb of beef and used diced zucchini to supplement the other 1/2 lb, skipped adding cheese directly, but just sprinkled a little on top and used spinach instead of lettuce. It was actually better tasting! Cooking healthier perhaps makes me more intentional and experimental about seasoning.
I'm still doing kitchen yoga a few days per week and trying to get down to run and lift weights at the complex gym when I'm able as well as stay away from the scale. I'm feeling pretty good about myself!
Finished a kick ass custom order for a friend.
Creating my own custom embroidery patterns that will be for sale on the new website.
Did I say "new website"? Well, I'm planning to make the jump over to Wordpress. I'm feeling the limitations of Blogger and looking to make this space more functional and pretty. I'm working on it very part time and am being a bit of a perfectionist so it might be awhile, but here is a sneak peek.
So there you have it. I have a long weekend coming up with the kids so Makers Monday may be on hold depending on their attitudes *wink*. But, I hope to have some fun, fun pictures to share next week!







No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.