Friday, September 12, 2008

20 weeks



Twenty weeks today! Hard to believe that we are over half way! Very crazy. The nursery has finally been emptied of all its guest room nonsense and the carpets have been cleaned and soon the cribs will get set up. Wow. It's still so unbelievable.

I have been growing in spurts again. I wake up at night hungry. I think that their umbilical cords are hooked directly to my stomach! A few people have been telling Brian that I don't look big enough to be carrying twins. I heard it myself the other day. Personally I think they are crazy. That or my clothes just hide things better than I thought. Even Brian was amazed when we took this photo tonight. My bellybutton has all but disappeared.

Brian has been nothing but excited. He's been right there for all our appointments, registering for gifts (I think the cool gun thingy had something to do with it), and even helped model our new baby wrap carrier. Our little frog has never felt so loved.

The twins have been becoming a lot more active, particularily after I eat or at night when I lie down. Brian hasn't had the chance to feel them yet, but it won't be long. We finally agreed on some boy names as the girl names came very easily, but the boys names not so much. And in just one week we hope to know what they are. Our ultrasound is on the 18th and as long as they cooperate we will know if we should start buying pink or blue or both. I have my ideas...

2 comments :

  1. This is soooo exciting!!! I wish I could be right there to see you grow. I can't wait :) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little babies in mommy's tummy...
    This is Nana and I'm no dummy!
    Cuz cute as buttons I know you'll be
    And then on Thursday what sex we'll see!
    We cannot wait, that's for sure
    But arrival date even more :)
    (Ok, so maybe your daddy is the only poet in the family!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.