Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bored...

So once again, another day on the couch. One whole week down and hopefully another 9 to go (ouch). I did get the pleasure of leaving today (for the first time in a whole week). Too bad it was to go and meet with a financial counselor. Brian and I have been really looking for ways to try to get "ahead of the game" which is getting harder in our poor economy and with twins on the way.... well, you can imagine. So, we thought maybe a fresh pair of eyes could help give us some insight into making the best choices with our money. Little did we know it was so simple. Make more money. Yep, that's the advice we got. As if we hadn't thought about that one before. Huh. What a waste of time in the upright. I did get to breathe a little fresh air and move about, I suppose. It only takes about 5 minutes before those babies drop and make me feel like I should just live in the bathroom cuz I gotta go and then I spend the next 30 min or so feeling crampy. Yikes. Needless to say, it's unnerving enough to keep me from cheating or straying from doctor's rules.

So I have been working on our scrapbook. I wanted to make one of our first years together before the kids come. I think it's coming along nicely, nothing to fancy. Just waiting on some more photos. I've also been working on knitting myself a pair of slippers. I am on pair 4. Hopefully this one will turn out. I'm starting to feel like Goldilocks. This pair is too big, this pair is too small... well, you get the idea. I've even broken down and started playing some video games (Pikmin anyone?) but it's mostly just frustrating as I spend most of my time running around lost or dying. Ugghh. It's not so bad when Brian's here. It's nice to have company (though I have a hard time keeping my end of the conversation up as nothing much exciting happens here on the couch). We've been enjoying a Star Wars marathon and Brian's been cooking me delicious meals (Teriaki pork tenderloin with baked apple and pineapple, mmmmm!)

The nursery is almost completed. We will hopefully have pictures up soon. We wanted to wait until the shower on Saturday so we could add all the wonderful things we receive. Unfortunately I won't be able to travel to Renville, but Brian will be there and I'm sure will represent us wonderfully (go team Wohlman!) Tomorrow is 26 weeks and we hope to get some photos of my belly up in the afternoon/evening. I can't even tell if it's growing anymore. Some days I feel hugenormous and other times I kind of forget the whole thing is there. Don't worry though, the girls and their ever strengthening biceps/quads always bring me back to reality.

3 comments :

  1. You just do what you need to do to keep the girls and yourself healthy. Matt and I were really looking forward to (finally) meeting you this weekend, but we'll have to make other arrangements sometime. Keep sane any way you can!

    Beth Zaske (ie. the Vatette, if that's a word.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure wish you could be at the shower but considering why you can't...we'll forgo your presence! See you on Sunday though for "gift opening!" That should be fun!
    Mom W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I really enjoy looking at your website! Your pictures are so dang cute! I miss you so much at work! I miss our 'deep' conversations about our true feelings...hehehe. Keep on growing those babies! If you need ANYTHING please call me, I get bored to so maybe we can be bored together, I'll bring some good food!
    Sarah B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.