Monday, October 20, 2008

Watchin the world go by

It's been about four days of this bed rest thing. I've set up an activity cart next to me on the couch and it keeps me fairly busy. The girls and I have been working our way through our new children's book library. I'm fairly certain I will never be able to read them "The Giving Tree" without crying. They seem to enjoy it and it seems to settle them nicely when they get antsy. Thank goodness for endless episodes of Law & Order, hot chocolate and frozen snickers bars. The worst part has been this beautiful fall weather. I get wiffs of it everytime I need to let the dog out or get the mail. Fall is my favorite season. I'd been looking forward to our walks each day. I was looking forward to making hot apple cider and raking leaves. Now I just have to sit here and watch the leaves fall and the season change. No more long walks. No walks period. A small sacrifice for healthy girls, I suppose. Just need to keep my eye on the prize...

1 comment :

  1. hang in there Kell - it'll all be worth it! Let me know if you need a basket of books to read... I remember the tv getting really annoying when I was on bedrest. I would love to bring you anything you need! - Meridith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.