Monday, December 8, 2008

It just gets better and better...

So another appointment today and growth ultrasound. Didn't go as well as we would have liked. Baby A (Adeline) is measuring 2 wks behind schedule and weighing in at 3 lbs 6 oz. Her sister Lilian is right on target and weighing 4 lbs 8 oz, a full pound more than Addi. Addi does seem proportionate in size which is good. Usually with growth restrictions a baby's abdomen can measure small because they are using up their fat deposits to keep up which is not Addi's case. The doc thought that perhaps she is just a "smaller" baby, but when we asked if that is something that would be typical with identical twins he told us no, it wasn't. Then told us that perhaps they weren't identical even though he and the perinatologist have both told us several times that there is only one placenta and that they were in fact identical. So confusing. So perhaps there are two placentas that look like one and we won't know until their born... Did I say yet that I'm sick of all this?

Anyways. So following our appointment we had to have another US that they call a Biophysical Profile where they look at several different things and score the babies on how they are doing. Both passed with a full score of 8/8 and they also looked at blood flow to both babies which looked good as well. We will be doing this twice a week from here on out so we can make sure that Addi is doing well. Poor scores could mean that it's time to deliver the babies early for Addi's safety. Next week we will meet with Perinatology again to do a more indepth investigation and look at the girls. Even though things are okay for now, needless to say I am beyond stressed out. I'm really starting to lose it. I know I should look at the "brighter side" and all that crap, but it's not working. No pictures of the girls this round. They apparently did all their showing off early on and are now feeling more shy and hiding those cute little faces to suprise us. As if there hasn't been enough suprises already...

4 comments :

  1. Hang in there Kell-O. Things are going to turn out just fine. Everyone is thinking of you, Brian and the girls. Not much longer :)

    Auntie Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...I came across your blog while looking at the comments on my 2nd cousin, Jen's blog for Mia & Allison...I couldn't help myself from peaking at "smudges&blips" to see what that meant...I have been checking out your progress as you and your husband write such wonderful and humorous updates.

    I am myself an identical twin. I was a "surprise" as all the doctors (30yrs ago) told my parents they were just having another 9lb baby. My twin sister and I were both healthy and born a full 16oz different in birth-weight and we had 1 placenta.

    I know I am a stranger, but I wanted to let you know that I am sending positive vibes your way and hope that your precious little girls stay healthy!

    I can tell from your posts that you are already wonderful and loving parents and your girls are so lucky to have you two as their Mom & Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kel, it was so great to see you on Friday and I am intently waiting for more updates every day! Please call anytime if you need to talk to listen to a voice of reason! ;) I will do my best. Now that I know where you live I would love to stop in for whatever you need or just need someone to chat with if I'm not at work! You are doing great!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. My arms are opening wide, going around you, and hugging you tight. Well ok, maybe they won't go around all the way but it's the thought that counts! We love you, so hang in there...and yes, you have my permission to vent as much as you like to me if it will help. My email is pattijobeck@hotmail.com. Vent away! God bless! Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.