Saturday, December 20, 2008

Observations




Even at this young of age, it is amazing what personalities our girls have and all the small things you notice. Lili seems to be her father's baby. She has his toes (as does her sister) and I think maybe even his chin dimple (Addi too). She loves to have her head rubbed- it puts her to sleep in seconds. This she most definitely inherited from her papa. She is pretty calm and collected most of the time much like her dad. Addi seems to maybe follow in her mother's footsteps. Apparently she has quite a flair for the dramatic at times and one heck of a temper. She seems very cued into emotions and when her sister is going through something sad she seems to sense it and even cries out sometimes though Lili has yet to complain. They have been seperated for days now as with all of Lili's equipment it is very hard to get them anywhere near close to one another. I often wonder what they think about that. You live with someone day in and day out and one day they just seem to vanish. It is definitely something I am determined to make happen as soon as possible. I am posting some pics and there will be more to come, fear not.

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful photos!

    Addi definitely sounds cued-in to Lili! You are such a good Mommy to try to get them near each other!

    I am more cued-in and empathic towards my twin than she is to me. For example, a few years ago Emily lived 500 miles away and called me on the phone to tell me she had hurt her finger. I asked, "Was it your left index finger?" It was. I said, "Why does my left arm hurt?" She said she had to get a tetanus shot in that arm. My Mom and Emily and I were all freaked out that I KNEW where she had gotten hurt without her telling me.

    I always say my twin sister is my best friend and my worst enemy all rolled into one person - and it's hard to be mad at her since she looks just like me, it's like being mad at myself. (She, on the other hand, has no such problem being upset with me.) Even though we are very alike, we are two separate people with unique personalities.

    Twins have an incredible connection.

    Such pretty little girls! And Mommy & Daddy look happy! Have you had a good cry yet - since having babies is all so amazing and overwhelming?!

    Take care!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Amie Stark from the float pool (we had a REALLY bad weekend awhile ago where we had like 10 patients together 5 of them admits). Congrats on your girls. They are beautiful! I love their names. Don't forget to take care of yourself in all the wonderful chaoticness. I am also an identical twin and I am THRILLED that you are so in tune with their personalities. You are a fantastic mom. See you when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for all four of you! Sandie sent the picture of Brian holding them in his hands...Wow! Kelly, hope you're feeling better each day. That breast pump really sucks, huh? (PUN intended!) God bless all of you and get rest while you can...it will be remembered with much fondness once the girls are home. Love you guys, Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.