Sunday, January 4, 2009

And the adventure continues...

(Brian and Addi snuggling)
Things are going well here at home. Addi had a busy night the other night and managed to ban both her and her sister from sleeping in our room. Little sleep became almost no sleep and so an end was put to that. Last night we all slept in our respective rooms and I think we were all happier for it. The girls slept better and I know I certainly did. She does have her restless moments, but it just gives us an excuse to snuggle. Lili is quite laid back and other than hollering to let us know it's dinner time, we don't hear much from her. Everything runs pretty smoothly for the most part. Everyone eats on schedule. Bottles of water are pre-measured and awaiting formula so as to make everything as speedy as possible. Brian and I have our own pre-decided feeding times through the night. Sometimes it pays to be a little anal. Thank you for those ridged 7 years of NICU work- schedule, schedule, schedule. We are even learning how to pick up after ourselves- something we've never been particularly good at, but seems like more and more of a necessity. We'll see how things go once Brian and I have to go back to work. I have a feeling that will complicate things a little. As for right now it is a joy. Hell, there is even time in the day for a nap or two and plenty of snuggling.

3 comments :

  1. I know for me it was a little bittersweet when Kirstin first slept in her own room...However, she kept me up, and I kept her up, so it had to happen. Even now we have issues sleeping in the same room. Keep posting news and pictures, we all want to see it!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly! Just wanted to tell you once again how gorgeous your girls are! You guys make cute babies...wonder how those future twin boys will look?! :) Sorry, that was mean to even mention more babes, wasn't it? Love reading the updates on the blog--keep up the good work...oh, and ps--I'm a mom 5x over and continue to have no nursing skill or judgement when it comes to my own kids!! Enjoy! Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill even smiled at this pic!! :) Keep up the great work you two and way to go Kel on getting back to "normal"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.