Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fat Bottom Girls

So, as you may know my hubby and I are planning on using cloth diapers for our girls. The ones we bought (Bumgenius 3.0) are for infants 8 lbs and up. As we finally reached the weight criteria (Just barely) we decided to give them a shot. So far, they seem to work great. No leaks and feeling almost dry to the touch once soiled. They even held up for almost 5 hours through the night without the doubler in them. The load I just washed (just wet ones) came out clean and fresh smelling. However, they are a bit bulky and do make the ladies look a little bottom heavy; kind of like weebles with legs (do you remember weebles? Those little people that looked like russian nesting dolls that never tipped over...) Anyway, I'm sure they will be better as our girls grow, but I do notice that at this point there are a couple of onesies that won't accomidate the new nappys. Good thing we have some disposables that we will have to "use up" before they out grow them so that we can still wear those onesies now and again. At the 3am feeding today I noticed a little smear in Lili's cloth diaper and I giggled to myself knowing Brian would have to change the first poopy pants. Karma. No poops for Bri but I'm on the 3rd one for today! Ouch. So tonight I will find out how well the icky ones wash...






I am also posting some pictures of their nursery. We did a jungle theme as we hope to raise some couragous, independent, slightly-wild girls. No princesses here. A couple of monkeys. I still want to paint a parrot above the other crib, but I figured if you all had to wait for that to happen you might never see pics of their room. I'm feeling pretty proud of it. The painting was nothing, it was the sewing I did that amazed me. I did it all, the pillows, the tablecloth, the curtains. Not bad if I do say so...especially for someone who was just making it up as they go. I can't wait until they are a little bigger and we can snuggle together under the leaves in the little reading nook and read story after story. Until then, I am more than content snuggling on the couch watching them grow and working with them on their dinosaur roars. They are getting pretty good, though, Addi sounds more like a tiger than a TRex.

2 comments :

  1. I just wanted to know that it's been great catch up on your blog and seeing how big the girls are getting!! WOW! Good work. I saw Kara's pictures of your adorable family on her facebook page too! I can't wait to see you back at work and glad to hear you are all doing well! I would love to come see the girls when your visitor list simmers down! Bill is out of work now so I need some time to get away sometimes!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love their room, so coloful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.