That would be Lili. Dented. At least that's how her head looks. She is awfully fond of her right side and refuses to lay on her left for more than a few seconds. I have tried about everything. Laying her the opposite way in her crib in hopes of tricking her. Buying her a mirror to entice her. I even tried log rolling a blanket and stuffing it in her sleep sack to prop her onto her left side. Every morning she is flat on her back laying on the right side of her noggin! Ugghh! So now she gets a donut to keep her on the back of her head while she is awake on the floor. Boy was she pissed when we first introduced her to it! But slowly she is getting over it. Also, she is being forced to nap in her playpen with her back against the wall so she can lay on her left. She has yet to foil this system, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I have tried threatening her with the truth about babies and helmets and how hot and sweaty that will be. She could apparently give two hoots.
Both girls have recently fallen in love with their reflections. Addi is busy flirting with herself as we speak. We are quickly approaching the giggling stage but aren't QUITE there yet. Auntie Lori is on her way up for the weekend. We are very excited to have her. Unfortunately for her, it is the Mothers of Multiples (MOMs) rummage sale this weekend so she will be forced to face all things baby.
The cloth diapers have been going well and I am always surprised how clean and good smelling they come out of the wash. I can't wait for warm summer days when i can hang all their pretty pants on the line. I am feeling much better now that I am not throwing bags full of disposables out. I'm a treehugger, I know. Rain barrels, cloth diapers, compost piles... What's next? Hopefully sun-tea, a garden full of food for my girls (thank you ahead of time Magic Bullet) and lots of bicycle rides! Oh, and pretty pants blowing in the wind!
Hey Kelly! So, I was showing my 13 yr old son your adorable babies and telling him about how they "earned" their bracelets. It got us to wondering, how did you realize you had mixed them up? Drop me an e-mail when you get a chance, we'd love to hear the story! Missy A.
ReplyDeleteanezmj@yahoo.com