Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome!

For those of you who don't already know, there has been a change in my job description in the last few months. Where as before I worked Peds and NICU, I will now be doing Peds, Nursery and Family Birthing. I can't say that I was too excited at first as I do really enjoy all the bedside teaching and work with parents that I did in NICU. It was hard to give up but I am always up for a challenge- and believe me, listening to ump-teen babies screaming at you at 7am can be a challenge! But yesterday I had the pleasure of witnessing my first birth (well, at least in the last decade). I had forgotten how miraculous it is to witness such an event. I clapped. Couldn't help myself. I watched someone come into the world and was there to welcome him. What an honor. Maybe it won't be such a bad change afterall. Maybe there is hope for more kids someday. Someday very very very very far from now!!! Well, off to work.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.