So what was suppose to be a relaxing family fun weekend with just us and the girls turned into about 25 bags of yard trash. Having lived here 2 years now, I think we can finally say we feel proud of our house. What was once beaten down, leaf filled bushes are now neat and tidy (well, as NEAT as they can be- they're still gonna go if I can help it). We invested in a shrub rake- the best damn 6 dollars I have EVER spent. I love that thing. Our fence line looks amazing. Brian also invested in an edger and our walk ways gained about 4 inches each! It looks pretty sharp and he did look awfully manly and handsome using it! Our spirea bush came down in the backyard a couple weeks ago. It was very bittersweet. I loved that bush, but it was in the most cumbersome spot. Right next to or rather OVER the sidewalk in the back making it impossible to haul bags or babies through there. Our lovely neighbors Andrew and Rachel had some stone to get rid of that they kindly gave us so that we could wrangle in our raspberry bushes. They are just tentatively laid right now and need some leveling yet. Our back yard needs another once over and the lilac bushes by the garage need a MAJOR overhaul- racking weeding, mulching etc. I have plans for a painted front door and window boxes and can't wait until those can come to fruition. We have gutters to fix, fascias to paint, gardens to till and a border project planned, flower beds to cleanup, the fire pit needs help and some front yard landscaping. Ugh. Did I mention that the garage needs a major overhaul? Mouse turds everywhere! Ugh. I can't even get to my garden equipment. We are lining up baby sitters already!
So our family fun weekend was actually fun! It gave Brian and I a real chance to bond and talk (about something other than babies and whose turn it is to make formula). And there is just something about physical labor (particularly outside)that is soul cleansing. Whether our girls had any fun is hard to say. I think they were feeling pretty left out and neglected. Who wants to play with their silly old sister? She can't make funny faces to make me laugh like mama and papa can. But some serious cuddling was had in the twilight hours and I think all was forgiven.
Looking goooooood! Can't wait to see it for real....
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad W.
So you’re looking for babysitters... where do I sign up???
ReplyDelete