Friday, May 8, 2009

The Great Outdoors

So here is my lovely gnome that my little girls bought me last week to cheer me up. He found a little home amongst the chives, tarragon and lavender growing in my whiskey barrel. Unfortunately the note that came with him was destroyed but here is what it said:

There is gnome omy like our mommy!

How cute is that?! Such clever little girls. (If you don't get it try reading it faster. If you still don't get it... well... there is just no hope for you).




Brian took advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday and went to work in the garden. We tilled it a little bigger this year. I am very excited to grow beans and peas and tomatoes for my cute little sweet peas! As Brian finally confessed to only eating eggplant simply to woo me it may not find a place in the garden this year. I have been sufficiently wooed.
He also got the pleasure of playing with power tools as he started our garden border project. There were some minor pitfalls (and a lot of cussing) so it is not QUITE finished yet. I'll will post some pics as soon as it is done. As there is no photographic proof of all the hard work that I have done I would like to state for the record that the mulch and rock from where our spirea bush once lived did NOT move itself. Oh my aching back, it did not!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.