First an update on our pooch. Lucky seemed to start acting different following her stay at one of our local kennels. Once we talked with them they had us bring her in for an inspection (although she had already seen our vet). No more ideas than our vet had other than maybe a possible allergic reaction to the shampoo they use for their baths at the kennel. So, some IV fluids and a steroid shot and a some icky bland soft food to get her going. She seemed considerably perked up after receiving the fluids and has slowly started eating and drinking more regularly. I think she may be on the mend. They did tell us that if her skin doesn't improve it could be a sign of kidney or liver failure. It's hard to say at this point if it is looking any better but it's at least not looking worse.
Last night we headed down the road to enjoy the city parade. The girls did exceptionally well not crying a once despite all the sirens and noise. What started as a pleasant evening soon turned into a wet one. We spent a good chunk of the time huddled under an apartment complex awning before skipping out early to head home.
Today was gorgeous and we decided to take full advantage of it and give this outside adventure stuff one more try. I made some homemade bread this morning and we took it to the park to enjoy the brass band that was playing. A very brown, crispy crusted yet chewy bread (maybe my best bread yet), some Babybel cheese, summer sausage and some delicious cherries made for the most scrumptious picnic. Some playing in the shade and some tunes made for a wonderful family outing. The girls really seemed to enjoy the day almost as much as us. I think this could be the start of a wonderful Sunday tradition. Not much longer and I will have every Sunday off to do just that. We actually brought the camera along for a change so enjoy the photos.
I came home to see a beautifully risen loaf of Honey & Cinnamon Whole Wheat Bread. Straight into the oven and soon the smell warmed up the house. I can't wait to slice into it come morning and spread some homemade applebutter on it (courtesy of gma Deb). I have another loaf planned for tomorrow for sandwiches and such and maybe something special in mind for some baked ziti later this week. Brian has been mentioning it is one of his favorites so I think I might whip it up. Home roasted peppers and all.
A little shopping trip yesterday to buy some over the shoulder boulder holders was a nice getaway. I have no modesty left when it comes to showing the "girls", but it was very difficult to let down my guard to be properly measured. There is a phenomenon called "twin skin" that I won't go into, but we'll just say it isn't pleasant. It was that or keep dealing with only one ill fitting garment that was nothing short of infuriating. So I swallowed my pride and headed off to the mall. Imagine, feeling depressed about some 70-something lady seeing you semi naked because you are worried about HER judging YOU. Really? Yes. But, when all was said and done I walked out of there with a small fortune in boob wranglers and a sense of accomplishment. Not only are the "girls" more happy, but it may provide some small amount of distraction on those occasions I am not able to change in front of my hubby in complete darkness. I know our love is more than skin deep attraction, but doesn't everyone like a little of that too? I am way beyond crunches being any sort of godsend so until I find some sort of miracle cream I will have to rely on a little satin and lace.
The new photos are awesome!!!
ReplyDelete