Sunday, July 19, 2009

I've been home with the girls since Monday now having finished my last shift at the hospital. I LOVE my girls, but I am definitely starting to rethink my dream of being a stay at home mama. Maybe it's just because they've been a couple of crab apples. They are sprouting a second tooth each which is most definitely contributing, but I think part of it is just their age. They have decided that life is only fun when mama is right there to see their every achievement. Heck, why would mama want to do anything in the kitchen anyway when she could be in the living room with us? Heck, why should she even want to sit way over there on the couch without us?

We did get the chance to get out not once but TWICE this week. First, Bri and I took in the new Harry Potter movie. Awesome! We are both big HP nerds (him much more so than me- after all he has a whole box of HP paraphernalia). Then last night we managed to make it to Sarah's wedding reception. Mama was having a good time until papa informed her that a certain little girl was misbehaving for the babysitter. Major meltdown. So we left a little early and were home before ten. Home to one happy little Lili and an Addi who finally sobbed herself to sleep. Go figure. Oh well. A night out is a night out. Thanks again for both auntie Shelley!

All this time at home has left me feeling pretty antsy. So today I paint. I had a little 'gas money' left over from my trip down south and used it to purchase a gallon of Ocean Cruise. The same color as the front door. So today the east wall of the sun porch shall get a beautiful coat of paint. I really want to pound out the other three in the lighter shade, but I don't know that time will premit it. We shall see. So Brian will have the girls to entertain out in the world while I change it up in here. I'm pretty excited. I am also repainting the table that sits out there. It's been living in the early 80's and I am hoping to revive it. So far so good? Maybe? Well, I will post pictures once it is done.

Tomorrow starts the new job. A little nervous I will admit. The first day is all paperwork and the like anyway so I'm sure it will go fine. I think Bri and I definitely have some reservations as to how this will all work out, but I am trying to stay open minded and positive. Trying not to think of the whole day off I am giving up with the girls and the evenings I get with my hubby that will no longer exist. Instead, I am trying to remember that now I will be able to tuck my lovelies in everynight and see them every morning not to mention every evening reading and playing with my girls. Bri and I will have to work extra hard to keep us working, there is no way around that. But our love is strong and I know that it isn't a task that is beyond us. We can hack it. Since we will have Sundays off together we are hoping to start some sort of family tradition. Scrabble anyone?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.