Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yap Yap Yap

So. Back to last weekend. The girls, Lucky and I got the chance to take our first road trip. We survived the detour and mama managed to ration her fluids well so that we could make the entire trip without stopping. I do not believe in leaving infants in the car and was not excited about the prospect of hauling two infant seats (that I can BARELY lift) into the gas station. Gma Deb seems to be doing well after having to have her thyroid removed and along with Gpa was very excited to see the girls. Apparently they've been growing which is something I don't notice being around every day. My two cousins Darcy and GP were having a tandem Baby/Wedding shower on Saturday which was nice to make it to. It was the first time that the girls were introduced to my extended family giving them the chance to make acquaintances with their second and third cousins! They did suprisingly well. Lately, they have been having some stranger anxiety but Saturday they took to everyone right away without a single tear. Just a couple more weeks and we will get to see the rest of them at the family picnic. Can't wait! Being the ever organized mother that I am I did not pack the camera in the diaper bag and have no pics of the shower... Oops. And of course they always love to see Auntie Lori. Just another what, 2 months? and Auntie Erin will be home to meet and greet them. Can't wait!



It was nice to get back home to all our stuff. It is very hard to live out of a suitcase or rather suitcases. Never thought I'd say it but: Thank god for the van. A suitcase for mama and one for the girls, a cooler and a kennel and a grocery bag full of presents and dog stuff for a brief weekend getaway! Not to mention that we ALWAYS leave with more than we came and had to pick up papa on the way back home. So add another suitcase and golf clubs and a slightly hungover papa (as he was off celebrating his 10 yr HS reunion). Talk about full load. It was particularily weird to be driving again. I can't remember the last time I drove on the highway. Strange.




The girls are eating well and actually stop their meltdowns when signed the word "food". They aren't signing back yet, but seem to understand perfectly what some of them mean. "Milk" is another baby satisfier. They can be in their highchair sobbing and you can put their bib on with no change in attitude but you say "food" and they see the sign and it is instant quiet and even smiles. I've been trying to convince them that feeding themselves their bottles would be a good idea but to no avail. We tried it yesterday but we mostly just flung milk everywhere. We'll have to keep working on that one. Lots of people want to know the differences between them as I've mentioned before. Well, here you are folks. Just take a look at these pics. While Addi seems to grasp the idea of table manners, Lili likes to make a mess going so far as to stick the spoon in her ear! Yuck.


You wouldn't believe the ear to ear grin I had last night lying in bed. No... Get your damn minds out of the gutter! We were lying in bed having no sooner shut off the light that some one started to squawk. I decided to give it a minute as they are getting better at putting themselves back to sleep (not to mention I was comfy) when in the middle of the pathetic little meowings we distinctly heard "Mama". However, as most of their whining is filled with m sounds and muh's I cannot say it was purposeful, but that didn't stop my heart from skipping a little and smiling like the cheshire cat. Of course, it has yet to be replicated. Try as I might today I cannot coax these two syllables out of them again. Shucks.

The girls have been very helpful the last few days (that's also code for needy). Addi loves to ride around the house in the sling and help with the dishes and picking up.She apparently likes it so much that she tries to get in it when it's on the floor.

She still loves to look at books (as does her sister) so she often do this sitting on the couch while I fold laundry. Lili loves to look at recipes with her mama and points to all the good parts with her toes. She also loves to help me type as she is doing with this blog as we speak. People ask how I keep up. As you can see it isn't an everyday affair (though I would like it to be) and this blog entry for example has been about 3.5 hours in the making. Just typing here and there. Lots of stuff is done during naps. Lots of stuff is done with help. The girls are getting better at entertaining themselves on the floor. Addi did manage to get up on her hands and knees yesterday and take one 'step' forward so it is only a matter of time before things get really crazy.

4 comments :

  1. Oh, Kelly, I have to say, I LOVE your blog! Your girls are so gorgeous...their hair is AMAZING! I'm really gonna miss you at work...even tho' we hadn't worked together in forever! Enjoy your new position and the time it allows you with your family! Take care! Missy A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to meet them as well... I love you and miss you!!

    Erin Marie*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, who doesn't love sticking spoons in their ears? Sometimes Jonathan was so talented he got food in his hair, and no, not just when he was a baby but as recently as the last time I saw him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your family makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.