My first day at the clinic done. Getting ready for day number two. Videos, paperwork, tours. Today I will actually be on the floor. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Luckily, I have my old chum and coworker Amy to lead the way. It's reassuring. Funny though, I was so excited to get a "break" from the girls only to come home last night and feel so rushed by the little time I had before they go to bed. If I make my lunch and set out my clothes, etc. they I am taking away time I could have spent with them. If I wait then it is time away from my hubby. I am so very greedy about both. There is apparently never enough time in the day.
It sounds like they had fun hanging with their papa again. The girls even had their first playdate with our friends Chris & Mel's little girl Elizabeth. She is just a month younger. I think it was more of a playdate for papas but I won't tell if you don't. And as far as papa goes, it sounds like he is looking forward to the shorter shifts that the clinic will provide, but has yet to really test out how this home all day then work in the evening thing will pan out. I guess you can't really fight if you never see each other, right? It will be good all in all I am sure.
So glad your first day is over and seems to have gone well! Papa and Mama plus babies will find the time they all need to feel loved and appreciated! It WILL work because you want it to :)Just might be a little crazier settling into the new schedules! Mom W.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be missed at the hospital!!!! My husband and I work opposite schedules too. It's hard, but you find time. We make date nights. Especially if it's when the kids are already asleep. That way you don't miss out on either. Good luck! You guys will do great.
ReplyDeleteAmie (FP)
The girls look so adorable and their their big baby blues..wow!! I've really enjoyed keeping up with your goings on via the blog...it's very inspiring ...you're a great writer Kelly!! Hope you're doing well.
ReplyDeleteLove~Ashley