Friday, October 9, 2009

Creepy Crawly (or Away We Go)

That's right! It's official. The girls can crawl. Bri was witness to Lili's first real moves. I, too, saw it tonight. A half dozen "steps" on her hands and knees. All you need is a little incentive and what better than the tag on the dog bed to lure a little girl. Then, not to be outdone, Addi took a shot when I put her down on her hands and knees. She made it all the way across the rug to the toy box! There she played a little then turned around crying and scooted back. I did capture her on video doing it once more as she comes towards the camera a face full of tears. I think she is now starting to cut one of her front teeth in addition to her eye teeth. Poor girl. So life from here changes drastically. I am so proud. And as cute as it is tonight I am certain that in a week I will be wondering why I was so impatient for them to reach this mile stone.

It does sound like they kept their papa busy today. Addi crawled into her bouncy seat and was balancing on it on her knees. When strapped in she can now lean out and put her hands on the ground. I think it is time to retire the bouncy chairs before they cause some real damage. Unfortunately, it is where the girls have grown accustomed to taking their naps so it will be a big change moving to the cribs. It may be a rough couple days (or weeks, or months!).

Aunty Lori celebrated her birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday! And Auntie Erin just sent us the cutest walrus shirts and turtle/walrus stuffed animals all the way from Japan. Thanks!

6 comments :

  1. Thanks! So what's the difference between an "Aunty" and an "Auntie"? Just checking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost forgot... YEA!!! Way to Go Addi & Lili :) Your Auntie/Aunty loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was anxious for Eva to crawl and I too was wondering why I was after it happened. I used to want her to be awake more and now I just want her to nap some more...soon they will be climing on all sorts of stuff!

    Lindsey and Eva :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this AUNTIE would also like to go by AUNTIE as well... I guess I'm turning Japanese, I really think so ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.