Friday, November 20, 2009

Merry Merry Unbirthday...

Yes, another year come and gone. Thirty one, folks. God that sounds so old. I never thought I would ever live that long. Just something you never think of when you're young- living to see your third decade. It's just weird.

Well, it was a good bday over all. Not that it takes much to beat out last years bed rest fest. Started out with some heart shaped oranges and toad in the hole. Delicious and a very pleasant surprise. I'm pretty sure breakfast is my new favorite meal. Then some play time, a trip to Asian House for lunch (I love that place!) and followed by a trip to the mall- cuz that's what couples with kids do for fun I guess.


I got some free eyeshadow from the Clinique Lady for my special day but couldn't seem to find a book worthy of spending my gift certificate on. My lovely doc treated me to a wonderous massage- thanks MJP! Oh, and did I mention the delicious home made carrot cake she made me on Wed? The girls got me a beautiful candle. It looks and smells totally real with a wick and everything, but it has a light inside so Papa and I can enjoy some candle light and not worry about scalding curious little ladies. Papa did get me a real Sage & Citrus Yankee candle for the kitchen where it is safely blocked off from wandering kids. A gift certificate from my parents for a facial or two will not last much longer I fear. And my new gnomes from my SIL and her fam will soon be making a new home in my plants (yeah, I like gnomes. So?!) I got a beautiful necklace from Erin, but I think the best part was that I actually got the chance to talk to her. First time since I saw her in Sept while she was on leave. Oh, and Crystal, if you ever read this damn thing, I got your gift and LOVE it. The scarves are beautiful.

The ladies and I at Asian House: Addi in blue, Lili in purple


Then Brandy and Sky came over to hang out and as usual Brandy blew my socks off. She made cake(s) shaped just like the little creatures I used to make- when I had the rare jem called "free time". We were a bit greedy and forgot to get a picture until after most of it was eaten...Oops.

So a great, great day. Thanks to everyone who helped make it special. I am loved!

1 comment :

  1. So glad your birthday was a wonderful one!! If you want to read a good book I just finished " My sisters keeper" and it was a GREAT book with an unbelievable ending. Creature cakes are cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.