Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Our first good snow. Only about 3 inches, but it sure does set the scene for the holidays. What a whirlwind it's been around here. Hard to believe that in one week our girls will be one year old. Wow. I'm awestruck. We've been painting and cleaning and preparing for the party, but if feels like there is still so much left to do. I need to pick up cake mix (yes, I am trying my hand and royally messing up their first bday cakes) and paper plates, napkins, etc. I never ever feel really prepared any more. I am endlessly forgetting something.

The girls have been working hard as they do have their pictures next week. Lili has two good bruises on her forehead along with a scratch and another scratch on her chin. Lately, she does not find it prudent to catch herself when she falls. It seems best to just fall on one's head. She is either building up a thick skull or she is forever scrambled as she doesn't seem to mind it most times. Addi, for the most part is staying blemish free other than some chapped and rosey cheeks, but with her free-standing she's been trying I fear she will soon match her sister bruise for bruise.

After some minor brainwashing we have managed to teach Addi how old she is. When asked "How many are you?" she holds up her little index finger and then promptly starts to clap. It is adorable. Lili, well, she definitely has the clapping down. Addi is also discovering where her nose lives, and also her eye for that matter as she often overshoots it!

1 comment :

  1. Boy... Early post Mama Kelly :) Can't wait to see you Saturday. Let me know if there is anything else I can bring or do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.