Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's a party


It's a birthday party! The ladies turn one year on the 16th this month. We decided to have their party the Saturday before their actual bday to space it out from Christmas a little. I baked my own cakes (and I think they turned out pretty good for having never decorated a cake before) and Brian made up 5lbs of sloppy joes!

The girls seemed to enjoy their cake, but filled up quickly having eaten a good portion of sloppy joes and baked beans (one of their favorite foods!). Neither grasped the concept of blowing out the candle, but Addi at least can tell you how old she is.







The girls had a blast opening the presents and especially loved trying to see how much paper they could shove in their mouths. I was pure chaos.


The walking toys were definitely a big hit. The ladies were apparently ACHING to be moving. Addi has a terrifyingly speedy and unsteady gait while Lili does very well despite an apparently peg leg pirate sort of gait. So much fun! So much!

2 comments :

  1. i really am missing out on all the good stuff...
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, there is PLENTY more to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.