Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hello, You So Very Far Away From Me...

I had the extreme pleasure to speak to my sister today. Erin. She is so very far away in Bahrain. Those who don't know, she is in the Navy. I find that I often forget how far away she is, that is, until we get disconnected for the 5th time and I remember we are speaking through the air thousands of miles apart. It's amazing we connect at all it would seem. 

She sounds well, which is reassuring, though, I don't know if she would tell me if she wasn't, which is not reassuring. She wouldn't want me to worry. I am the big sister so I worry anyway. I hate having family I cannot drive to. There is something reassuring in knowing that if one had to they could reach the ones they love within the day. Not Erin. But she is still well loved. And very much missed. I must remember to call or write more often.

The girls have been slacking on their care package they are making for her... It will get mailed soon, I hope. Right along with those 12 month pictures I promised her (now that the ladies are a whopping 17mo). Not much seems to have changed in their appearance, other than their mullets are longer. Mullets. Yes. Mullets. 

Erin, we love you and miss you very much. So very much. I miss our date nights of food and Mario Party. I miss goofing off. I miss shopping. I miss pedicures. I miss you and even your grumpy sleep-face. We are counting down until December when we will see you again!

1 comment :

  1. :) a blog for me!! I miss you all sooo much too! Dont worry everything is good!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

    Erin*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.