Sunday, May 23, 2010

Monkey Mayhem

Suppose to be taking a second nap. Suppose to be. Very crabby all day and nothing but trouble. Lots of yelling and giggling coming from the monitor. Finally I relent and open the door. There stand two girls in the middle of their floor staring at me. TWO girls STANDING in the middle of their FLOOR. Uh-oh. 

Approximately 5 seconds- that's all it took Lili to get out of her crib when I put her in again. It wasn't graceful, no. But it was a taste of freedom and independence for her and sheer terror for us.

Now what? What do you do? The mattress doesn't go any lower! God help us.

4 comments :

  1. Restraints.

    It's the best I've got for ya.

    Maybe I could swipe some from work for you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When our son did that, we moved him to a toddler bed that same day...earlier than we had planned, but safer than climbing out of his crib. I think stores do sell a crib "canopy" to slow kids down, but we opted for the toddler bed instead.

    Good luck!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop reading this... I makes me laugh every time!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.