You are not going to believe this. I'm not sure that I do. Over the last week it would seem that Lili has been trying to tell me she has to poop. Grabbing at her pants, standing in her room pointing at the diaper drawer, squating... So I felt, hell, why not just give it a try. So tonight I decided to pick up a potty chair from the store and give it a try. So, we finished up our supper and gave it a try. Addi thought it was the coolest, not wanting to get off for the longest time. After about 3-4 minutes she thought she was finished and lo and behold she PEED! First time ever. Wow. I'm not expecting much from here on out, but I thought it would be worth the try. Lili, however, just had one fart for the potty and felt that was enough. In her defense, she does have a very sore butt at the moment.
On another note, I had a very amazing Mother's Day. This year, the girls (with help from their Papa) drew me their very own pictures and framed them for me as well as picking me out a beautiful ceramic mushroom birdhouse (as I am an ever growing bird aficionado). We spent a wonderful weekend with the In Laws, had a delicious brunch, and saw my very first Rose Breasted Grosbeak (aka pretty bird). It was a real good weekend. And did I mention the foot massage?
The girls are doing very well. Learning words. Banana, poop, up, shoes, socks. It's fun trying to decipher it when it's a bunch of mumbled consonants. They still like to simply point and grunt. Oh well.
Woo Hoo Addi!! You guys are so smart!
ReplyDeleteLove, Auntie Shelley
Woo hoo!! You take that potty training and RUN with it! Don't you listen to the doctors at work...they'll tell you all sorts of "developmental" BS! ;)
ReplyDeleteHonestly tho...I'd love to talk potty training with you if you ever want to! I LOVE it!