So Papa is off this weekend to have fun with a friend and it is just us girls. As much as I miss him I was looking forward to some alone time with the ladies and to getting some stuff around the house done. For some reason I am so much more productive when he isn't here. *wink*
This weekend I tackled the kitchen. As much as I love my bright yellow kitchen it was a bit overwhelming and just intensified the chaos and hid all of the good stuff. So I have toned it down with a grey. The dining area remains yellow with a grey base by the bench and I am making curtains to tie it all together- no pictures until it's fully complete. Unfortunately we still have green counters, but I don't think they clash too terribly. I just can't bring myself to "work with" them after seeing the green kitchen we originally bought with the house. I just hate green now. It's ruined for me- at least with the kitchen. I still need to do something about those damn green ceilings, but that's a different weekend altogether.
I was sick lthis whole last week and found out that I was exposed to Pertussis (Whooping Cough) so I was tested on Friday (still waiting for results). I think I might still be leaking cerebral fluid from the thing they shoved up my nose . Lili didn't sleep last night as she has developed a terrible cough, congestion and runny nose. I could literally wring snot out of her shirt today- NO LIE! I took her in to be tested as well and now we wait til monday. Wouldn't you know, now Addi is coughing too! They were just sick only 2 wks ago... Ugh. At least they've been pleasant. Or rather entertaining- See story below
So I was talking with my mother on the phone as the girls were supposed to be napping- key word "supposed". I had just finished putting together their toddler beds (a compromise to my hubby who cannot stand the mattresses on the floor) and baby proofed a bit by literally bolting a piece of furniture in place in front of their new toy- the electrical outlet. Now their monitor and radio can be stored where their unbelievably long arms cannot reach it, the cords, or the outlet. They got quiet shortly before I hung up the phone so I assumed they had finally stopped playing and decided to go to sleep. I open the door to find this:
Look closely and you will notice the cornstarch (yeah, I'm a hippy so what) all over the floor and a hint of it smeared on Lili's face (she's sleeping on her stomach). Now notice:
The empty bottle by Addi's head and the cap in her mouth like a pacifier. This bottle was on top of the changing table that had no chair nearby. I don't even want to know how they got it. So much for baby proofing. It's just pointless. It is entertaining. I had to call my mom right back as this was the funniest thing I've ever seen and I couldn't even be mad!
Happy 1.5 Birthday Addi & Lili!!
ReplyDeleteHa! That is so cute!! And funny. You're right. Hard to be mad @ that. OK, clue me in. What's the cornstarch for? And you are brave. We didn't get rid of the crib until about 30months. And that was just taking of the side and adding a little railing. ;)
ReplyDeleteThe cornstarch is just hippy baby powder. It's safer for babies as talc (regular bb pwdr) can be bad for their lungs. Also it's tons cheaper and useful around the house!
ReplyDeleteYou are so brave to have them out of cribs! I'm afraid naptime would never happen if mine weren't locked up :). That's why at 2 years old, they are still in their cribs.
ReplyDelete-Candice
www.motbits.com
Thanks for visiting my blog a while ago. If you have any suggestions of things I could write about let me know. Also, if you have anything you are passionate about with raising your twins, I'd love to have you guest post.
Contact me at Candice(AT)motbits(dot)com