Sorry about the hiatus, but it has been a more than eventful week. Addi has been sick and Wed night we had to take her to the ER. She was running temps of 104.6 after both Tylenol and Motrin, lethargic and just really sick looking. Labs, Xrays, Strep & Flu tests, an attempt at a cath (but pee'd on the nurses just in the nick of time- atta' girl!- and they were able to catch (literally) a sample) and IV fluids. She was nearly given double the dose of Tylenol but thankfully I still had my nurse's hat on and caught the error before the med was given. An all around un-fun way to spend my "girls night out". It was nerve wracking to say the least. I played the part of the cool cucumber so as not to alarm my hubby, but I was definitely nervous. A fever with foul smelling urine or pulling on an ear is one thing, but a fever with no other signs or symptoms is just scary. Especially when it is unresponsive to meds. I was thinking the worst. Luckily, turned out to be a virus and some mild dehydration. Once her fluids were on board she perked right up. No more high fevers after that and she's finally back to herself more or less. A big thanks to my wonderful SIL who was able to stay with Lili so that we could both go take care of our sick little babe.
My folks were up for the weekend to help me tackle my kitchen. Tore the plexi out of the upper cabinet doors and replaced it with wood, painted the cabinets and hardware and the ceiling! A big job but it certainly went fast and well. I haven't gotten the uppers up yet (want them to cure a little more) but so far it looks amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product. This is how I plan to spend my weeks vacation. House work. I still want to:
*Chalkboard my fridge.
*Clean out my unused garden
*Re-work my firepit
*Finish cleaning the sunroom carpet
*Finish my girls' scrapbooks up to 1 year
*Relax and read a good book
Should be a real good time. If you're bored and love hard, boring work stop on by!
Glad to hear that Addi is okay it's scary hear when little ones are sick!!
ReplyDeletePictures!
ReplyDelete