Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To Do List

Done:
*Kitchen Cabinets Painted and hung
*Lawn mowed
*House mostly cleaned
*Chalkboard Fridge complete
*Latches placed on benches in girls' room

To Do:
*Curtains and table runner
*Scrapbooks

Julie, Brian's oldest sis, is up from California. She will be helping to entertain the girls over the next two days so I can actually enjoy some of my time off, off.

Now the only other thing I would like to accomplish is some cooking. I actually love to cook. Thing is, I never seem to get to. My kids are picky toddlers (and don't really eat THAT much) and my husband is never home for supper and even if he is he has a health shake. Do you know how frustrating it is to cook something delicious that no one will actually eat but you- for every meal for the next week? My mother brought a bunch of fresh veggies up with her when she came and I plan on turning it all into something delicious. Beets for supper tonight. Once again, I was the only one eating them. Tomorrow I plan on making stuffed cabbage. I am going to cook whether anyone eats it or not. I guess it's wasted food whether it wastes in the fridge cooked or wastes uncooked. Now if I could only figure out what else to do with zucchini other than bread...

3 comments :

  1. Zucchini muffins!

    http://bit.ly/auU5VB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't despair about the food thing. Matt does the same thing, he cooks great, fabulous meals that no one ends up eating but himself. We freeze a LOT of food. :) Zucchini pasta?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried zucchini with a little union and olive oil is amazing! otherwise, cut the zucchini into rounds, marinate in italian dressing, and put them straight on the grill!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.