Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chop Chop


Well, it is time for the mullets to go. I just can't take them anymore. The girls' hair was down to the middle of their shoulder blades, but in one thin, curly little rat tail. Ugh. Cute in pigtails but not so otherwise. So, we hired our local in-house hairstylist (aka Papa) to snip those silly little locks. I have always talked about the importance of the girls being their own two people and giving them haircuts to suit this. That is until we had to actually discuss it. Part of my heart sank at the idea of my two little ladies having different dos. I'm not really sure I can explain why. Probably for the same reason people insist on looking at them for their similarities rather than their differences, I suppose.

Before:  Addi's Mullet

Before: Lili's Mullet

During...

Well, Addi got to go first and then Lili. Bri decided to try Lili's cut a bit shorter and boy does it look cute. And I don't think until I saw them with their different cuts did I realize I loved it. I love that it reflects who they are. Each their own little person complex, crazy and sweet. It is tempting to cut Addi's to match (as Lili's cut is a bit more flattering) but I think it will stay. We'll see if it lasts. Bri is definitely in love with Lili's short cut. Though I'm not quite sure Addi's unruly curls will cooperate with the style. And besides, maybe the kids at day care will call them by their names and not just "Twin" & "Twin".
Addi After- Not very cooperative with photoshoot


Lili After


No more mullet!

4 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh - they are so cute! I love both cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love both cuts! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! and Cute!

    My twin sister and I had different haircuts (hers was always longer than mine) when we were young too. I think it did help our peers (and others) tell us apart.

    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.