Our weekend started out with baths & a pre-bedtime dance off. Boy can they wear a person out! This is the only break they took, stopping with Papa to play a song. Lili literally bounced off a wall. Insane, sweet fun that makes me feel like I'm living in some cutesy Hallmark movie. I love it!
My Sunday morning breakfasts slowly changed to Saturday mornings when Bri started going to church which led to Saturday morning breakfast with a sprinkle of cursing & hurt feelings. I am convinced that my children can sense when I have actually spent more than 5 min prepping a meal and therefore refuse to eat it. All the while, of course, whining and fighting and pulling every bowl out and generally driving me nut! So in hopes of a more relaxed weekend my hubby took the reins, let me sleep in a bit and mad this delicious breakfast of egg, cheese & jalapeno bacon sandwiches. A perfect 10.
Sunday we decided on a last minute trip to the Little Falls Zoo. We called up out neighbors Andrew & Rachel and made an impromptu trip with our kids. What a blast! Having never been there before I will admit, I didn't have high hopes considering it is in city limits of a small town. Here is just a bit of what we saw:
| Turkeys |
| Addi peaking at a bunny |
| the cutest bear cubs ever |
| Lili peeking at the bear cubs |
In addition to that there were cougars and tigers and my personal favorite, peacocks. Particularily the albino peacock that scared the sh*t out of Addi! I what you're thinking, it probably wasn't funny and is definetly not polite to seek entertainment in your daughters terror. Well, it was and I will anyway. It came simply trotting up the road and as it got just past us it let out a very loud caw. Addi's eyes tripled in size and she instantly took off running in shear panic. It was hysterical. In all truth, they were both very leary of most of the animals there particularly if you could get anywhere near them.
Monday, we went to a barbeque at a friend's house. There was great food, live music and tons of fun. I had fun picking out something cute and summery for the girls to wear and decided to once again attempt to actually photograph my children simultaneously. Do you think I could even get just one pic of them smiling?! Hell no! Just this far away zoned look as they watched Super Why on TV. Ugh, but as soon as you give up they turn into little hams and will give you smiles but never, ever at the same time!
Good thing they are cute... I also vowed to potty train them over the long weekend. By attempt number four (with some pretty good successes in there) Lili was running around the house yelling "No WAY!" & "No go potty on potty chair!" So I decided to resort to bribery. Cute Minnie Mouse underpants. Boy did they LOVE them...
for about 10 minutes and they they wanted them off. I have since decided that they will potty train when they are ready and if that means age 10, well so be it. It's not worth the headaches, the running, the crying (them and nearly me) and the anger. Throwing in the towel, folks... Again, good thing they are cute!
No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.