Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A million years later

It's been awhile so I've got a few things to update you on...

Brian & I had the luxury of spending a weekend in Stillwater for our 5 yr anniversary. It was amazing. Perfect weather. Tons to do. Great people watching. A sprinkling of geo-caching ( I found my first!). Climbing some hills & stairs that nearly killed me. Jacuzzi. Champagne. Let's just say it was a blast. The girls had a great time, too. Gma Deb came up and spent the weekend spoiling them rotten. That first night back they were so so naughty. When I asked them why they were being such stinkers Addi replied "Cuz you mama". Hmmm...
Me: "I'm mama?"
Addi "Uh-huh. Gamma Deb"
Me: "What about grandma Deb?"
Addi: "Miss her
Interesting...



Trolley Tour- probably one of the funnest parts!





A wonderful weekend for love- and WEDDINGS!

Notice the weirdo in the mirror over my right shoulder...

Hard to see, but it's punk rock grandma

Buttons!





Veterans' Monument



This last weekend we spent our Saturday making homemade applesauce. My mother in law was kind enough to donate her apples so long as we did the grunt work. I mean she just sat there drinking wine and bossing us around! (Just kidding, Sandie. I love you!) Really, it was great. She knows just how to get to the little domestic goddess/hippie in me. Homemade bread & applesauce do sound like the perfect pair.




Fun, lots & lots of fun...


Lili, Amber, Addi


Sunday we took a trip out to the Amazin' farmyard. We've been lucky enough to go every year since the girls were born. This year brought a much braver Lili who with a little coaxing walked right up to pet a baby goat. Addi, well. Normally my daredevil, was quite scared of pretty much all the animals. She summed it up pretty good on the way home from daycare today saying, "I go farm, mama. I no like goats. I hide wich you. No like goats, mama." Yep, you don't like goats... or puppies, or kitties, or lamas, or camels or about anything else with a face or fur. Cried the whole time until we just had to leave the barn and let Papa and Lili explore. We did get her on a pony for a ride and she seemed to love that, though. Go figure. They had a lot of fun, all in all. Even picked out their own pumpkins to paint later. Hopefully next year our Addi will be feeling a bit braver.
Lili



Floating the duckies



1 comment :

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.