Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Makeover Home Edition

We recently rearranged our living room & ever since, the Bradford in me (you know, white upper-upper class New England housewife married to a chiropractor with two kids, and a golden retriever) has been aching to class up the joint a little bit.  So no real photos until all is done, but I will give you some nibbles to tide you over.  Hopefully when all is said and done it will look like a Domino spread.
Eclectic art-filled apartment
*Just an example...

First off, we did a bit of thrifting on my b-day last week and found these lovely gems:


They are nice and all, but decided they needed a little makeover.  Voila!



I also decided to spend a little of my bday change on purchasing some new art work. I've only had a few pieces displayed (you may remember the blog about artwork with questionable content for young eyes) and piece that I obtained in college when printmaking with artist Peter Williams that has lived in every living room I've owned since 2003.

Here are some of the pieces I've ordered (just a peek at 2 of the 6) and now I impatiently wait for them to arrive via snail mail.  I will post some picture once it's all done.
Music Is All Around - 5 x 7 Illustration Print
Nan Lawson via Etsy.com
Inspirational Art Print "Life is a Beautiful Ride" Digital Print Wall Decor, Motivational Saying, Illustration Vintage Bicycle Artwork
ParadaCreations via Etsy.com

And last but not least.  Here is the cute little picture I made (which did not photograph well, apologies!).


Project number two is still drying, but here's a sneek peek at my inspiration photo:


That is my great-grandmother (the one on the left obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be here).  Well, stay tuned. It might be a week or two before I get things set, but I have a goal of 12/8 as that is the girl's FOURTH BIRTHDAY party! Oh how time flies!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.