Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Daydreaming

Spent several days home with my kids and really wish I could go part-time to afford more time home with them before the school years start.  I would really love to hear from anyone who did this and any advice you have.  I feel like I have so little time left (start kindergarten in the fall of 2015) to make this transition and feel like there are so many obstacles- like insurance! I carry the insurance. Also, we feel like we are finally make steps ahead, how do you justify going back to bare bones- then again, how do you ever get that time back once it's gone?!

Would love any words of wisdom...

1 comment :

  1. You would never regret making the sacrifices to spend the very limited, precious time with your girls.

    Health insurance is very important, so might there be a way to do a job-share with a co-worker? Or maybe work a different schedule to be able to have at least have one day off during the week to be with them?

    My sister-in-law carries the insurance for her daughter and husband, and she was able to work with her employer to have shorter days and get Wednesdays off, and still keep her benefits. (she had a different job offer and they didn't want to lose her).

    Some employers have the policy that full time for benefits equals 30 or 32 hours/week and not 40, but they don't like to advertise it.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.