Monday, February 4, 2013

Cleanse

So, I took a month long oath to free myself from all of this electronic pressure. The rules: No Instagram, No Facebook, No Pinterest, no Google Reader blogs (other than those of real people I know).

Did I succeed? Not exactly, I fell prey to Facebook a few times. I would like to note that I did not look at any of the others even once, however, I did POST to Instagram a time or two (which is possible without actually viewing other's pictures).

How did it feel? Awkward at first, but then refreshing. I got to spend more time with my sketchbook and doing more productive things than thinking about the productive things I could some day do, or what changes I could make to my home, or how the life I'm leading, or the pictures I'm taking, the moments I'm spending w/ friends/family aren't measuring up to all of these blog perfect lives. It's been a bit freeing actually.

So am I going to continue? Maybe. I think Pinterest is a great avenue for me to keep track of great ideas that I've sought out out of desire and not collected because I came across it mindlessly looking at my phone. I plan to keep up on blogs from time to time, but hope to spend more time doing wicked awesome stuff to fill up mine, perfect or not. All in moderation, isn't that how it goes?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.