Monday, February 4, 2013

Grown Up Color Book

Did I mention my sketchbook challenge? Can't quite recall... Here goes, please bear with me if this is a repeat.

Challenge: Fill a sketchbook over the next year (a previously unheard of feat of accomplishment).

Status: 1/4 of the way there and only one month in!

Feelings: Really feeling great with this!  Images have never come to me so easily. Where I have previously experienced a block, I now can almost not get things down fast enough.  I've been spending each waking minute of free time involved in what Brian has jokingly referred to as my grown up color book.

Sorry unfinished knitting projects. Sorry unread book club book. Sorry un-begun sewing projects. Sorry Pinterest. Sorry Instagram. Sorry Brian for not yet beginning your b-day shopping. Ugh. Just not enough leisure time for all these leisure activities! I can't put the sucker down! It has also had me doing other drawings and cards (hello, Gocco!). See for yourself...



This was mostly an exercise in exploring the blending capabilities of my new Faber-Castello brush tip markers- who would have thought that 24 colors would just not be enough...?

This picture started out as a ying yang with no idea of where it may go from there...



Started in mustard...
With blend to blue as mustard ran out.  Please remind my hubby that imitation is the best form of flattery when he's upset that I haven't put down my sketchbook to go bday shopping...


Right- single color print, black ink on red paper
Left- 2 color print, red underlay with black overlay on blue paper.
It was a b*tch and a half to get the alignment right!
Now I'm struggling to take my time on each drawing and not hurry through to the next one. Struggling to remember to set it down and spend time with my kids, but also let them see me working on something I love doing and taking time for myself.

1 comment :

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to see more, everything looks amazing. I love that feeling when you can't stop doing something you've fallen back in love with and the excitement you feel each time you sit down to do it (for me it's usually quilting, knitting or Project Life).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.