Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sew Fun!

Well, I have been sewing up a storm!  I have NOT been very good about sharing, however.  So today I am going to show just a few pictures of what I've been up to.  This is just the tip of the iceberg folks, but as I detest being photographed (thank you again Meyer anti-photogenic gene) I have yet to have documentation of my pile.



This was a sleeveless top I made from a plaid seersucker.  I somehow messed up the collar completely from the directions, but it did turn out cute in the end.  I'm NOT super jazzed about sleeveless, but like the idea of having some options when it gets really hot out.




This is just one variation of the Wiksten Tova Shirt/Dress that I have fallen in love with.  You can see more here.  In this version I did not include sleeves and used some royal blue bias tape along the hem and the top insert for some contrast.  I fell in love with this discount fabric at Walmart of all places for it's slightly weird 80's vibe.



Here a some tops I whipped up for the girls the other night.  I used elastic thread in my bobbin for shirring the top of the garment and used just some left over fabric I had lying around from a dress I made myself and some scraps my mother had sent up from a quilt she had made.

I have a half dozen or more pieces to come so stop back sometime soon to see them!

2 comments :

  1. Looks really good Kelly!!!! I'm glad you are enjoying your new found talent. Love the girls tops!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute happy sewing & jam / jelly makings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.